Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Zucchini Pasta and More


Today I have been doing some cleaning and I made carrot cookies, cinnamon crackers, juiced carrots, almond milk, pie crust, sprouted and dehydrated nuts, sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat and zucchini pasta for lunch. I have a lot to do today, I still need to study and do some paperwork.

I love zucchini pasta, even before I was raw. It is great with just olive oil and salt, but with nutritional yeast and garlic is even better! Today I put it in the dehydrator before consuming so it would not be so crunchy. The spiralizer I have cuts it kind of thick so it is a must to put it in the dehydrator.

The pie crust was a mix of almond pulp, walnuts, cinnamon and honey. I can see right now that it is cracking so next time I will add ground flax to see if that helps. The crust is for my "pumpkin pie".

I have been eating the cinnamon crackers with almond butter and raisins, yum, it is good.
I will post the recipe for the carrot cookies sometime soon. It is a mix of carrot pulp, buckwheat, nuts and seeds, honey and cinnamon. I have also been eating the cookies all week as a snack and dessert.

Ok, I got to get back to work and need to stop watching youtube videos! Try zucchini pasta! If you don't have a spiralizer check grauge sales, thrift stores (that is where my mom just got me one for like $6) or buy online. Later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment