Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hard Week and "Pumpkin" Pudding

Whew! Work is tough, stuff this week! Dog barked all night, didn't get much sleep. I worked 10 hours nonstop yesterday, I know that isn't much, but I'm tired.

I have such good parents. Every weekend they go to garage sales while I'm at work and buy me things they think I would like! Very nice, this week they got me a turn table and a never been used ice cream maker for $15.

With the Pumpkin Pudding I made this week I didn't use a recipe, I just threw in cashews, carrot juice, honey, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, coconut oil and water. I will give you the recipe, but it might need some adjusting.
1 1/2c soaked cashews
1c carrot juice
1 1/2t cinnamon
1/8t nutmeg
1/4t salt
1/3c coconut oil, melt after measuring
1/3-1/2c water
3T honey (add more if you like it really sweet)
Blend in vitamix until smooth and creamy. Pour into dish (bowl, ramikins, etc.). I find that all these puddings, cheesecakes are much firmer if you let them set in the freezer. I threw the pudding in the freezer until solid and let rest in the fridge overnight after that. This stuff is very good, I am going to put it in a pie crust next!
THIS PICTURE DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE! THE CAMERA WAS UNABLE TO CAPTURE THE PRETTY ORANGE COLOR AND SPECKS OF CINNAMON AND NUTMEG.

Has anyone ever tried a raw pumpkin pie with real pumpkin? I haven't had much success with it, but I am willing to give it another shot.

Wish everyone WARM wishes, Fall is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment