Saturday, August 22, 2009

Apple Crisp, Buckwheat Crackers and Avocado Pudding

Hello, I have three recipes for you. I just recently made the apple crisp and can tell you right now that I will be making that again very soon. Perhaps with different kinds of fruit, blackberries, strawberries, peaches, mmmm. Everyday I use the buckwheat crackers for my sandwich and eat the avocado pudding as a snack or dessert. Ok enough talking and on with the recipes.

Avocado Pudding (if you have lemon, lime, and orange extracts then you can make this pudding 3 different flavors)

1 medium avocado
1/2-1c water
2t lemon or lime juice
1/2t extract (lemon or lime, orange, vanilla)
1/2t vanilla
3-4T honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
Blend in the blender or food processor till smooth.

Buckwheat Crackers
1c buckwheat, soak for 20 minutes and rinse well
1c gr flax
1t salt
1/2c sunflower seeds
3/4c water
1c of veggies optional (either carrots, red pepper, zucchini)
2t seasoning (anything you like, onion powder, oregano, garlic)
Blend in the food processor until desired texture (I like mine as smooth as it can possibly get).
Spread onto two of the non-stick sheets for the dehydrator, about an 1/8'' thick. Dehydrate for 12 hours until crispy. Make sure you score the sheets about half way through drying so you don't end up with the jagged broken shapes like in the picture above.

Apple Crisp
(I couldn't find any recipes I liked so I came up with this)

4 small apples thinly sliced
1/4c honey
1 1/2t cinnamon
2t lemon or lime juice
Put this mixture into a dish that can easily fit into dehydrator (I used a pie pan).
Let it dehydrate 6-8 hours. It should be half crispy, half soft in texture.
Next is the topping.
3/4c walnuts
5 dates
1/8t salt
Put the ingredients into the food processor and mix. It should look like the size of breadcrumbs.
Now add 3/4c of soaked dehydrated buckwheat for an added crunch. You can just stir it in or add it to the walnut mix in the processor and mix for a few pulses. Dump onto apples and store in the fridge. I also topped mine with leftover raw vanilla ice cream, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment